Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb. 14

Hello Everyone,

Since it is Valentine’s Day, I’m going to share the brownie recipe I made: olive oil and coconut brownies as recently posted on the NY Times.  They are ridiculously moist thanks to the olive oil (no butter to boot), a little less chocolaty than I had hoped, but overall pretty great.  In other news, spring is coming.  I picked up some delicate pea shoots at the market on Sunday, and several vendors have jumped the gun and already put out their asparagus.  Just wait until I get my hands on the green garlic.  Right now we’re seeing a lot of citrus, the ever-beautiful romanesco cauliflower, and PEAS!!! Here is the basket list for this week:

bloomsdale spinach
arugula
broccoli
parsley
sugar snap peas
delicata squash
red carrots
spanish onions
turnips
romanesco cauliflower
purple potatoes
onions
tangerines
oro blanco grapefruit

Love,

The Auntie Ems Produce Basket Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment