Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Week of 8/13 Produce Delivery

Hello Friends!

What incredibly hot weather we have been experiencing!  I don't know about you, but I find it hard to cook in this weather!  That's why the other night I planned the perfect summer meal - chilled carrot soup (made with coconut milk), Vietnamese-style Summer Rolls, and a simple green salad with a carrot-ginger dressing!  Not only was I able to incorporate so many of my produce basket goodies, but I didn't have to make my kitchen all hot with the stove or oven!

Below is the list of produce for this week's basket:

Heirloom Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Corn
Green and Purple Bell Peppers
Poblano Peppers
Carrots
Cauliflower
Cucumbers
Elephant Garlic
Basil
Flavor King Pluots
Flavor Grenade Pluot (these are big, yellow and deliciously sweet!)
Dapple Dandy Pluot
Owen T Plum

Here is an article about foods that will keep you cool during these hot summer days - http://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/07/20/4-food-tips-help-you-stay-cool

Stay cool my friends!

Best,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment