Monday, April 1, 2013

It may be April Fools... but there is no fooling around when it comes to produce!

Happy April Greetings!

April is absolutely my favorite month!  I can't explain why, but there is something about the beginning of spring - the change in weather and the produce that starts to appear around this time, that is magical to me.  When I think of spring, I imagine butterflies and tulips and all of the other cliche things that denotes spring, but it's okay.  I'm allowed to be cheesy and cliche once and awhile!  In any case... here is your list for this week:

English Shelling Peas
Sugar Snap Peas
Black Knight Carrots
Beets
Torpedo Onions
Leeks
Cabbage
Strawberries
Parsley 
Cilantro
Oranges
Blood Oranges
Tangerines
Rainbow Chard
Lettuce

I found this great recipe on Food and Wine's website that is a great way to use the cabbage and cilantro in one easy dish...

Chicken and Cabbage Tacos with Cilantro Cream

Happy Cooking and Happy April!

Best,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment