Monday, June 24, 2013

Produce List for the Week of June 24th

I write today's list from my kitchen where my husband is making his special dish of meatballs and red sauce...  The smells that are wafting through the house affirms why I love cooking at home.  I know that when my child gets older, he will remember that mom and dad put a lot of thought and love into the meals we share together.

Speaking of meals....  here is your list to help you plan yours!

Heirloom Tomatoes
Fave Beans
Green Beans
Carrots
Red Onions
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Kale
Peaches
Nectarines
Plums
Apricots
Fennel
Zucchini
Turnips
Butter Lettuce

Heirloom tomatoes and summertime makes me think of one dish: Panzanella Salad!

Here is Michael Chiarello's recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/heirloom-tomato-panzanella-recipe/index.html



Happy Cooking!

Best,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment