Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 14 produce list

Hi,

Spring is in the air. While I was at the market on Sunday picking up the citrus, I also picked up a HUGE bag of fava beans. They’re not in the baskets this week, but I imagine they will be soon. I can’t wait to share my recipes, most of which you don’t have to peel of their pesky outer shell. While winter vegetables are still abundant at the market, please enjoy the bounty of spring in the boxes as well. The artichokes are tender and fragrant and the peas are so sweet and crunchy. Here’s the list for this week:

snap peas

artichokes

leeks

fennel

parsley

romaine

cabbage

black night carrots

red thumb potatoes

parsnips

chiogga beets

assorted grapefruit (marsh and oro blanco)

navel oranges

Happy Cooking,

The Auntie Ems Market Basket Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment