Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 21st: It's raining, a lot

Is everyone alive and dry? This storm really took my garden and me by surprise. All I could think about on Sunday was that thousands of people were running the L.A. marathon in this weather. Luckily, I went to the farmers market yesterday to pick up the citrus. Tonight I’m making kind of excessive rendition of an all American favorite: short-rib grilled cheese sandwiches. But the rest of this week, I’m going light and cooking off the yam on the top of my fridge in a storm-worthy pot of veggie soba noodles, which I'll post next. There are a ton of great vegetables in the boxes this week and soups and stews are a great way to use them up:

romaine
cabbage
bunched yellow carrots
leeks
fennel
purple artichokes
snap peas
russian fingerling potatoes
golden beets
red kale
red chard
bloomsdale spinach
cilantro
turnips
collard greens
broccoli
red onions

oro blanco grapefruits

navel oranges


Happy Cooking,

The Auntie Ems Market Basket Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment