This week your boxes will be colorfully filled with:
Mixed bell peppers
I don't know about you, but with this heat I have been very lazy in the kitchen. To make things easier, remember that there are SO many different ways to prepare food. Remembering all the options always helps me realize that cooking does not have to be a huge ordeal, but can be easy!
Here are examples of various ways to cook butternut squash (something you'll find in your boxes this week!)
Preparation: Rinse and cut the squash lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds and excess fiber. May peel skin if desired.
- Stir-Fry: tender when pierced.
- Bake: 400 degrees 30 - 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Microwave: 1/2 the squash and microwave for 10 -12 minutes.
- Boil: Cut into chunks and boil 7 - 9 minutes.
- Steam: Cube and steam for 6 - 8 minutes.
- Roast: 400 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes.
As always, have a great week! We hope you all are enjoying your boxes.